Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Digital Storytelling Ning - Blog Post and Response

Comment by Robert Early on Saturday
Hello all.
I'm currently a pre-service teacher studying practical and appropriate ways language arts teachers can use video production in their classrooms to enhance literacy skills. So far, I've compiled some great example projects (I-speak videos, poetry videos, uncommercials, movie trailers, public service announcements, news segments, and documentaries), but I'm interested now in talking to practicing teachers who have implemented video projects into their curricula.
What worked for you? What didn't work? What would you change? What would you keep? How exactly did you meet common core standards? How did you assess the projects?
I wold appreciate any insight you can share with me!
 
 
Comment by Sharanda Payseur on Sunday
I use digital story telling as a digital essay.  My 10th graders (World Lit) find and research a world social issue.  After writing the research paper, my students create movies in Movie Maker and narrate using their essays.
Here's my SchoolTube channel with some examples.
Here is my website with the requirements.
The most difficult I have is the software.  MovieMaker is inherently buggy and often students lose a lot of work.  Additionally, recording on laptops isn't as good quality as using desktops when using Audacity, also a buggy program.
This project is often the most stressful project all year, and the one with the best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment